- Ensure that you close the cap of ballpoint pens and fountain pens in order to prevent the ink from drying.
- Regular use of the fountain pens is recommended. However, if use is occasional, flush the nib with lukewarm water if the ink has dried.
- To avoid leakage when travelling on aeroplanes, ensure that you charge fountain pens with a new ink cartridge or a full converter and carry them with the nib facing upwards.
- Clean Cartier writing instruments using a soft cloth to restore their shine. Do not apply any product on the cloth.
- For fountain pens: clean the nib block ink feed on a regular basis by flushing it with lukewarm water.
- As the nib is a delicate component of the pen, ensure that you care for it and avoid damaging it.