WHAT IS THE COMPLETE SERVICE?
The Complete Service involves carrying out a full detailed check of the function of your Cartier watch. A Complete Service is essential when a watch has not been checked for several years or when its mechanism no longer works properly (for example, if the oil needs to be replenished or the case has been knocked). It is also recommended once every five years.
Performed by a Cartier master watchmaker, it includes the following elements:
- The watch is totally disassembled;
- Parts subject to wear and tear are replaced;
- The watch is checked for magnetisation and, if necessary, demagnetised;
- The movement is restored;
- The movement is checked;
- The case and the bracelet (if made of metal) are polished;
- The watch is reassembled;
- The watch's rate and power reserve are checked for 48 hours, or for longer if necessary;
- The water-resistance is checked;
- The bracelet and clasp of the folding buckle are checked and adjusted.
If specific damaged parts (e.g., the dial, hands, crystal, crown, metal bracelet, etc.) need to be replaced, these will only be changed and invoiced after you have given your authorisation.
The intervention warranty for this service, which only covers the service carried out, is for 12 months.