CARTIER INTERNATIONAL GUARANTEE
The present Cartier International Guarantee applies to watches sold or presented for guarantee service in any country, except the United States of America and Canada (for these countries, see Cartier Limited Warranty for the United States of America and Canada) and Australia (for this country, see Cartier Guarantee for Australia).
Your Cartier watch is guaranteed against any manufacturing defect for a period of twenty-four (24) months from the date of purchase (the « Guarantee Period ») subject to the following conditions. If your watch is returned during the Guarantee Period, any component found by our technical services to be defective as a result of a manufacturing defect will be, at Cartier’s sole discretion, repaired or replaced free of charge. Upon expiration of the Guarantee Period, any services or repairs will be subject to a service charge.
Your Cartier International Guarantee does not cover, notably:
- Defects and damages resulting from misuse or negligence, or from accident,
- Defects and damages caused by improper use (knocks, dents, crushing to the case, crystal, bracelet or strap, etc.), alterations, tampering, dismantling or unauthorized modifications or repairs, as well as services, works and repairs performed by anyone other than a Cartier Boutique, a Cartier Authorized Retailer or a Cartier Authorized After-Sales Service Center, or caused by the use of components and/or accessories other than those recommended by Cartier;
- Watches where the serial number originally imprinted on the watch case is removed or not clearly legible, or where any part of the original watch back or any original number has been removed, changed, altered, replaced, erased or defaced;
- Routine maintenance and cleaning, as well as the consequences of the normal wear and tear and ageing of the watch.
- Any defects resulting from the contact with water, if your water-resistant watch did not undergo the water-resistance tests required by Cartier each time the case was opened for any reason (including, for instance, replacement of a battery), or if your watch is not water-resistant.
In order to benefit from your Cartier International Guarantee, you will be required to present to any Cartier Boutique, Cartier Authorized Retailer or Cartier Authorized After-Sales Service Center, the Guarantee Certificate situated at the beginning of this booklet, duly completed, dated, stamped and signed by a Cartier Boutique or a Cartier Authorized Retailer. You are therefore required to retain your Guarantee Certificate with due care. You are responsible for transportation costs, including but not limited to postage, insurance and packing materials. We recommend that any shipment to us include certified delivery and insurance.
Only Cartier Boutiques, Cartier Authorized Retailers and Cartier Authorized After-Sales Service Centers are entitled to provide guarantee services as defined herein. For more information and a complete list of Cartier Boutiques, Cartier Authorized Retailers or Cartier Authorized After-Sales Service Centers, please consult the Cartier website www.cartier.com, or ask the Cartier Boutique or the Cartier Authorized Retailer indicated on your Guarantee Certificate or in your sale documents.
This Cartier International Guarantee does not affect any other rights you may have under the applicable national legislation. Such rights may vary from one country, state, province or territory to another.