YOUR CARTIER JEWELLERY ON A DAY-TO-DAY BASIS
Whether you wear them every day or only occasionally, your pieces of Cartier jewellery are precious objects that require care and attention.
The recommendations below will help you to preserve them in their original condition.
- Allow yourself the necessary time to be able to handle your jewellery carefully.
- Ensure that you remove your jewellery when washing your hands and putting on perfume or face cream. The particles present in these cosmetics, when not eliminated by prompt rinsing, may become lodged in cavities and form a corrosive blend of materials. In the longer term this may lead to premature deterioration of the metal.
- Regular contact with household detergents or insecticides may damage pearls and certain precious stones.
- Products containing mercury, such as Mercurochrome, cause irreversible damage to gold.
- Take your regular activities into account when choosing your jewellery. Avoid wearing them on the beach, at the swimming pool or to play sport so as to avoid knocks and scratches. Wearing your jewellery should also be avoided when doing housework or gardening.
- Avoid the friction caused by sliding your pendant on its chain or wearing several rings on the same finger.
- Ensure you do not place your jewellery too close to sources of intense heat, to X-rays or to other sources of radioactivity.